Thursday, March 1, 2012

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Wow, 8 months ago today I was rolling over in bed to Derek leaving for a half a day of work before celebrating Ethan's 8th birthday with wonderful family and friends. He drove off on his bike for one of the first times on the highway (he never did that much) I remember being nervous about it but of course he kissed me goodbye and as always promised everything was going to be alright. He was right for that day because he returned home safe to me for one more night. I still remember the way he smiled and told me everything was okay, that look he use to give to tell me I worry too much. We had an amazing day and night with our family that day. Movie and dinner with the Boone's, Harshfield's, Brown's, Maddie and our little foursome and then cake at home to be finished with a couple drinks and awesome conversation with two of our best friends on the back porch with the kids swimming in the background. Who would have thought that it would be the last night that I laid beside him and in his arms.
I haven't thought about that day as much because the day after was so horrible but the day before was amazing and I am glad we had that.
I know we were all so happy but did we ever really appreciate it so much to realize it could be taken away so easy. I mean we knew we were lucky but we never realized how it could change in just a split second.
Well I never normally share that much of my personal thoughts but for some reason I did. As I am being told to get out of my comfort zone a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment