Monday, February 10, 2014

Friday, February 7, 2014 Amazing Grace...

So I've been transferring videos to DVD so that I will have them for the boys. It is a mix of so many different feelings seeing some of our memories on tape. I am glad we have the vidoes and wish we had taped more.
One of the first that I tranferred was a Christmas in 1999 before we had  the boys, Maddie and Brent were so little, seeing you on there and then my dad walking around and Peyton so small, just is a lot to take. Then all the video of Garret and his rough start into this world. Our family has for sure had a lot to handle and deal with but we always made it through together. Now I have to make it without you by my side and it is the hardest thing I have ever had to do. Most days I look in the mirror and think "I got this" but there are still so many moments that I don't know if another step is possible. 
There is one video that I took the picture attached to this blog from and it was when we were at Kosair Hospital when Garret was still really sick. You are singing to him, and in this picture you are singing Amazing Grace. That was one of the songs we played at your funeral, that's not how it is supposed to be. Those moments seem like yesterday and some days it feels like we blinked and here we are 12 years later but you are not with us and its a lot to handle and deal with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment