Monday, February 10, 2014

Sunday, February 9, 2014 Soccer Days...

It was a weekend of ballgames for us, four total and it was enough to completely exhaust me. The boys love it and I love seeing them play. It was really fun on Sunday we showed up early for our game and an older team was playing a game, the boys and I sat to the side and watched. I was telling them stories of when Derek use to play and how much I enjoyed watching him play. Derek loved indoor and outdoor and was really upset when he just couldn’t play as hard as he use to after his ACL surgery. He tried but he said if he couldn’t play with 110% then he didn’t want to play and he found himself holding back due to the reminder of his injury, it put a little fear in him to go through that again. And if you knew Derek he unfortunately did have much fear. I still thought he played great after the surgery but after cracking his brace down the middle after surgery he finallydecided it was not as fun playing and holding back. He wasn’t one that held back on anything at all. The boys enjoyed talking about Derek playing soccer and the stories, Ethan loves soccer and plays with heart, Ethan feels close to his daddy on the field. As far Garret he misses his dad on the field but still loves the sport but his heart is in basketball.  Garret is funny, he bounces the ball just like Derek did when he is shooting a free throw and even tosses it up in the air the same way. Those two boys are my heart and soul, can’t explain in words how much love I have for them and how blessed I am to have them. I am proud as can be of both of them and the little independent men they are turning into. They amaze me with the things they come up with and how very smart they are when it comes to things, they are findingtheir way, figure things and people out every day and enjoy life even after the many things they have had to face at their age.

No comments:

Post a Comment