Monday, October 1, 2012

Monday, October 1, 2012 Busy Schedules...

Well things have been crazy of course which is a good and a bad thing these days. Doesn't give me much time to blog or breathe and I am sorry but I guess that is a good and bad thing also. Good that I am doing all this and don't need to blog as much but I know everyone keeps up with us on this blog and on facebook so I will try to continue to update just may be a little less or a week at a time. It has been a busy but good couple weeks so I can't complain. I think the boys and I are finding our way and really enjoying life and our new norm as they call it, still don't know how much I like that saying. Because as much new as we have and love in our life with making new memories and all there is always the old. There isn't a day that goes by no matter what we are doing that we don't talk about Derek, or think about Derek, we just have found the will and way to continue to live our lives the way he would want us to. I love seeing my boys smile and laugh. I love now that when I ask them how they are at bedtime that they say "Mom I'm really good", they are amazing little boys and I love them with all my heart. That isn't the answer every night but it is becoming more common these days. They teach me everyday how to live, smile and be happy again.
So here is a little recap of our last weeks activities since I haven't done good with posting much. Garret's baseball games keep getting rained out so no pictures of that yet. We ended our Sunday after soccer with buying Ethan a new bike, taking a long bike ride with friends and enjoying the park and some basketball in the driveway!!!

Friday, Sept 21 & Saturday Sept 22, 2012 Peyton Spent night
Picked up Peyton from school so she could spent a couple days with us, we had a good time just talking, hanging out and went to the farm and tried to fish and the kids played in the creek for a couple hours. They all three are growing so fast that I can't believe it sometimes. Fun Day!



Sunday, September 23, 2012 Traditional Huber's Pumpkin Trip....
We went and picked our traditional pumpkins at Huber's on this Sunday with Ralph, Lorrain, Rhonda, Eric and Peyton. It was also Eric's birthday. We had a great time and great weather for the day, just chilly enough to feel like fall but not too bad. The boys of course picked the biggest pumpkin they could and Ethan broke Derek's rule of "if you can't carry it you can't have it" but I let him break it anyway, he was able to roll it so I had to give in.


Monday, September 24, 2012 Ethan's Soccer...
Ethan had a make up soccer game this night and they all played so strong and won it. Ethan had 2 goals and was pumped up!!!! Amazing boys on the team!!!!


Thursday, September 27, 2012 Mark is Leaving...
Thursday we had a little get together for Mark because they are moving to Bowling Green, I am going to miss them so much. Mel, Mark and Ellie have been a huge part of our lives for years and they really stepped up when I needed them in the past year. I am so glad Derek and I enjoyed dinner with them the Tuesday before the accident. I remember leaving dinner and Derek saying we have to do that again soon.


Saturday, September 29, 2012 Soccer Tournament...
Due to being a busy weekend with Ethan's soccer tournament I haven't downloaded any pictures of the tournament yet, but will soon. The only one I have is of the three soccer players in the hot tub in between games and Reece enjoying it with them. They played three hard games but only won one out of three. So proud of the way they played this weekend and that is what matters, they had hard teams and they didn't back down till the last minute. Ethan, Evan, Brant and Reece rocking the hot tub!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment