Monday, May 28, 2012

Monday, May 28, 2012 True Friendship...


I have many friends and family that have been there before, during and after the accident in my life and they are all very special to me. But I want to take a moment to appreicate one friendship that has always been so dear to my heart like so many. She has been here for my good, bad and ugly since high school, after and even when Derek and I first got together. I don't share many of the pictures from the hospital but I will this one. Her and her family got in the car as soon as they heard and drove straight through to the hospital and were there when I finally remember waking up a week later. I was so sick in this picture and only out of ICU very shortly, I was totally lost without Derek, I remember that day and so many, very well and it sucked.
I spent this past weekend in West Virginia and had a good weekend with family and friends. These are the friends that are family no matter what, as Derek always said "make your family your friends and your friends your family". Peggy has always been a wonderful friend and we have been there for each other through so much, we never imagined this would be one of them. I can't even explain in words but she is a friend that I only have to have close to me and not even talk and it calms me and makes me feel okay down to my soul, that is a lot to me right now. I remember a night at the house after I got home finally after the accident and I had about 20 people running around my house and I was struggling with holding back the tears and just yelling at the top of my lungs but as I looked down at her sitting on the couch holding my feet, she calmed me just by looking at me with a look that said it's okay, I sat and let the tears run down my face in silentence and she just understood without words. It felt good to sit and talk for hours this weekend, and see on her face that she was so happy to see in my eyes that I was going to be okay and that I wanted to live again. It was hard to leave today, took a lot to let go of that hug and wipe the tears but no matter how far apart we are she is always close to me. Peggy thank you for everything! Derek loved you so much from the first time he met you and he thought the world of you and your family. He loved coming to visit every time!

True friendship isn't seen with the eyes, it is felt with the heart.
When there is trust, understanding, loyalty, and sharing.
True friendship is a rare feeling, but when it is found
It has profound impact on our well-being, strength, and character.
True friendship does not need elaborate gifts
Or spectacular events in order to be valuable or valued.
To ensure long-lasting quality and satisfaction,
True friendship only needs a few key ingredients:
Undying loyalty, unmatched understanding, unsurpassed trust,
Deep and soulful secrets, and endless sharing.
These ingredients, mixed with personality and a sense of humor,
Can make a friendship last a lifetime!
This is just a thank you, my friend, for all the wonderful and colorful
Special ingredients You've brought to my life!

 

1 comment:

  1. AMEN, & We are so glad & happy for you to have a friend like that!!!! Most people don't have a friend that has been there sence high school & stayed close & a "FOREVER FRIEND" ON MATTER WHAT!!!! God Bless You Peggy & of course Coni & the boys!!! We Love You ALL VERY MUCH!! S.W.G.L.

    ReplyDelete