Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Wednesday, May 9, 2012 Refocus on ME...
Started a new book yesterday that I am hoping to get a lot out of, so we will see, figure it will give me something to do when I am not sleeping.
Just really trying to refocus these days, been pulling myself in so many different directions that I think I need to stop and refocus on ME for a bit before I sink too much. It's all part of this wonderful new life of mine, trying not to lose myself in all the other stuff in life. Yesterday was a good day, smiled a lot and felt good. Helped to visit with a dear friend last night and just talk about all our crazy stuff going on right now. It is so good to have good friends that you can share anything and they just listen and don't try to tell you what to do but just listen and care. Sometimes that's all we need.
It has been a little overwhelming with all I have to do at the house, even the little things can get to you when you have to get it all done on your own. Even know everyone tries to help out I like to try and manage a lot on my own but I know my limits and I know there is too much to do for just me right now. Lonny was telling Kim and me the other day that he has two wives to tell him what to do because his To Do List is as long at my house as it is at his, but I am getting pretty good at a lot these days. Derek is so laughing and shaking his heade at all that I have Lonny doing and all that I try to manage on my own. Lonny does a good job getting it all worked in and helping me out, it's nice to have him stop by the house when I know he has worked all day but just wants to help or see the boys. The boys do wonderful at helping out too but of course they can only do so much.
Someone asked me the other day why I do this blog, is it for me, family or everyone else. I told him I started it for everyone else just to keep them updated but now it is more for both, everyone and me. I have had a number of people tell me to keep writing so I try. I hope that I can use this to heal and to look back on. I figure between this and my journal that is more personal that it can't hurt.
Here's to the rest of the week, lunch with friend's the next couple days, a much needed dinner Thursday and a wonderful weekend of soccer with two handsome boys that mean the world to me.


1 comment:

  1. Good book. Read as a work of fiction and an encouragement to think outside the box.

    ReplyDelete