Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Wednesday May 23, 2012 Boys and Sleep...
Long day yesterday, went to Elizabethtown to Derek's old office for the first time, and really don't want to share any of that. But I did make to through!!!
Went to the movies last night with Rhonda and Peyton to see Men In Black 3, pretty good movie and the boys liked it. But of course the end of the movie makes us remember our life, don't want to spoil it for anyone. But on the way home Ethan was so tried he feel asleep and Garret grabbed his little notebook to write while we talked. Just asked him how he was doing and all, he always says okay, I told him how proud his daddy and I are of him and more that I won't share. He is an amazing boy but the whole time I am hiding the tears and how hard it is not to just totally cry my eyes out because I have to have these conversations with my boys. They miss Derek so much and it is so painful to watch, that is where I struggle the most these days. He always just writes, I miss you dad you were the best dad in the world, we saw a movie tonight that you would have loved, wish you were here. How do you take that pain away from a 10 year old and why does a 10 year old have to live without his father. But after some talking and snuggling everyone went to bed and got a good nights sleep.
Sleep is becoming a little better for me, between Ethan sleeping in his new bed for three nights now and me letting go of a few things I have been struggling with the past day or so, I actually got 4 1/2 hours sleep straight last night. Probably would have gotten more if I would have stopped answering text but that's okay, I enjoy texting with the people that care to check on us and love us.
Here is to the rest of the week and getting away for a few days this weekend with a great friend and my boys!!! Looking forward to smiling, laughing and relaxing!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment