Sunday, May 13, 2012

Sunday, May 13, 2012 Mother's Day...

Mother's Day like every holiday now is so different. Last mother's day like every one before I would wake to Derek laying beside me watching me sleep to tell me all the wonderful things that he loved and appreciated about me being a wife and a mom, including all the things that he overlooked all year long. This morning I woke up in a hotel room with my boys trying to focus on them and that's what I will try to do today. Being a mother is the best gift in the world and my boys are amazing.
Happy Mother's Day to my mother in law, Today is a hard day for her and I feel so sad for her, I can't imagine the sadness she is dealing with but I know Derek loved her and was very proud to have her as a mother, no mother should ever have to experience what she is going through. I pray that GOD and Derek will give her some peace and healing through this day and every day after. She was an amazing mother to Derek and he knew that every day and was the man he was because of her.
Happy Mother's Day to my mom, she has truly proven to me what being a mother is all about with how she has majorly stepped in and taken care of me during the hardest thing in my life. She physically, mentally and emotionally has been there and made sure I got up every morning and realized I had to live my life no matter how painful it was. She truly loved Derek like her own, heck sometimes Derek teased she liked him more because she always took care of him more then me, LOL. I can see his smile now when he would say that mom called to ask what he wanted for dinner. I thank GOD that he gave mom that phone call from Derek the Thursday before the accident, he was an amazing man.
Happy Mother's Day to all my friends and family who are blessed in this world to be a mother. I love you all and hope you have a wonderful day. Thank you all for the text that started at 2am this morning. Every one means the world to me. Love You All!

1 comment:

  1. Soooo,Beautiful!!! & Soooo true!!! I don't text, but I hope you found your Mothers Day card, from me, when you got home. Happy, late, Mothers Day!!! Love You ALL!!! S.W.G.L.

    ReplyDelete