Sunday, May 6, 2012

Sunday, May 6, 2012 Life without Daddy...

Really struggling with making myself post tonight, not in the mood to share and got so much in my head tonight. It would be a good night to sit on the back porch with a glass of wine and a listening ear, but would I even share at that point especially some of the things I keep to myself.
I ache for my boys so much, I wish I could make this all better for them and I can't. I can only keep loving them and putting wonderful people in their life to share those special times that dad should be there for. Just this weekend a wonderful friend asked to take them to a movie and I decided to tag along and at one point I looked down and they were both laughing so hard, it felt so good to see that laugh, that good hard laugh. Then as we walk out Garret looks up and says "Dad would have liked that movie" and he is so right. They had a good day and they laughed and smiled thanks to the friends that are in our life but they always have daddy close to their heart and missing him. I know all I can do is to continue to try and give them those days. They really lost the most in this entire thing, they had an amazing father who made them his world and they never should have had to say goodbye. I can't imagine the hurt they feel but they are amazing boys and I will do my best to make their life the best I can. They do pretty good but even on the weekends like this in which they had a good one, Garret still started crying at bedtime that he missed daddy, it rips my heart out every time. Derek if you are really up there please take care of our boys and give them the peace they need that only you can give them and I will continue to put good people in their life to help them and love them.

1 comment:

  1. Coni, You are doing a great job with the boys!! They will always miss their dad because he was such a GREAT DAD,& you are a GREAT MOM!! Derek is up there looking down on you all & I am sure he is as proud of you(and the boys)as we are. Please always remember that God can & will give you, all "His Peace That Passes All Understanding"& all you have to do is,just ask for it, "ONE DAY AT A TIME"! & or every day or every hour,what ever it takes to get you through. I do have a lisening ear, beleive it or not,& I can keep my mouth shut, if you just remember to ask me to do so!!!!(I share because I care & ask for Prayer for you & the boys & all your needs). If you EVER want to JUST set on the back porch,with that glass of wine, and share ANYTHING, I will be there for you 24/7, 24 hours a day, & I REALLY MEAM THAT!! That is some thing I can do that will not hurt any part of my body, & I would even get a Blessing out of it,by helping you! Thank you for these post, I don't get to read them all but I do enjoy the ones that I do read, & I'm sure it is good for you to vent.Your name is spoken EVERY Sunday, in Prayer,at our church. God Bless You all & keep you in the center of His hand! Love & NEVER ENDING Prayers,as always!! S.W.G.L.

    ReplyDelete